Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Finally in Florida!!!
I'm in Florida!! (FINALLY!!!) Here is how my weekend has gone......
Saturday mom, Dave, and I woke up early and did Whitney's Walk. It was amazing! There was such a huge turn out! It was great but a little long...... :-) After the walk, mom and I left for our drive to Chicago. It was uneventful and not as long as I expected. We saw so many cops!! It was crazy!!! Mom and I tried to listen to "Wicked" in the car on teh way, but it did not work out very well at all! So, as we were driving, we would listen to the CD, then get distracted, she's paying attention to other cars, reading signs, etc. I'm looking at everything bored with just listening. Then we remember we are supposed to be listening to this book and by that time, we are too lost to understand where we are at, what's going on, etc..... After we got up to Chicago, we relaxed at Nicky's house for a little bit then got dressed for dinner. We decided to walk to dinner becasue according to Nicky, the resturant we were going to was "not very far".......... Just a note...... the words "not very far" mean something totally different to people NOT from Chicago! :-) About 4,376 blocks and 30 minutes later, we finally arrived at the resturant. We ate at a little place called Raw Bar. I had the Shank of Lamb and it was TO DIE FOR!!! I can't believe how good it was! the sauce was.... mmmmmmm.............. I can't even decribe what it tased like because it has such a unique flavor! It was delicious! I highly recommend it if you are ever in Chicago. After dinner we had the Double Chocolate dessert, chocolate cake, layered with chocolate mouse....... YUMMy!!!! Light and chocolaty, rich but not too rich, just perfect!!! Then we took a cab (because preggo is not used to walking that much!) to Navy Pier where we watched fireworks for Venitian (sp?) night. After that we stopped at a little margarita bar so mom and Nicky could have a margarita before we headed back to Nicky's apartment for bed.
Sunday: We woke up, went to a little diner that was only a few blocks away from Nicky's house then went back and relaxed untill my mom was ready to leave for Wisconsin. On her way, she dropped Nicky and I off on Michigan Avenue so we could do some shopping. We went to Filene's Basement, then to the Water Tower Mall (or something like that). I got some really cute maternity clothes at Mimi Maternity at the mall. I FINALLY found some jeans that fit me really good!!! They are so cute!! We ate at the Cheesecake factory, it wasn't anything too exciting, then went to Borders and rode the train back to her place. Sunday night we ordered pizza in and watched a movie. Premonition is an amazing movie and the pizza was the BOMB!!!!
Monday: We woke up early Monday morning because I had to be at the airport at 4 am!!!! I got to the airport and found out my plane was cancelled!!! :-( Very sad! I ended up re-booking on a flight to Fort Meyers on Tuesday. So, I was stranded in O'Hare at 6 am. I finally got a bus that I took to Milwaukee and stayed the night with my mom at her hotel. We went to P.F. Changs for dinner after her training and then did a little shopping at the mall there.
Tuesday: Woke up, took the shuttle bus to the bus stop, rode the bus to O'Hare. Got there 45 minutes late due to traffic, but it was okay because I was sheduled to arrive at the airport 2 hours and 40 minutes before my plane took off. I got on my plane (after they charged me $10.00 per piece of luggage I wanted to check in) and arrived in Fort Meyers ten minutes late. After a two hour drive, I FINALLY arrived at my dad's house!!! :-)
After I got here, I realized I left my cable for my camera at home so I can't post any pictures yet, but I will be getting that situation straigtened out soon. Also, I broke my phone this morning so if you could, e-mail me your phone number, birthday, etc. because I have lost ALL of my contact informaiton, phone numbers, address, e-mails, birthdays, etc!!! Everything!!!! :-( So I will need all that info from ya!! (again....) Thanks so much!!!! I'll get the pictures up soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment